Localization Classified Cabinet and roadmap needed

Mar 3, 2011 at 2:50 AM
Edited Mar 3, 2011 at 3:07 AM

In my application i need localize all UI element in Control,the "Categories" and the "Filter".Is this on the roadmap?yep,I will download the source and modify as necessary .BTW,

Part N of the series “Classified Cabinet”  is better......

Coordinator
Mar 7, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Hi Rayis,

You can change both labels without modifying the source code of the control. There is a property CategoriesHeader on ClassifiedCabinet, so you just need to change it to whatever you need it to be. For example:

<completITControls:ClassifiedCabinet CategoriesHeader="CustomCategoriesHeader" />

However, changing the "Filter" is a bit more complicated. Basically, the TextBox along with its label is a custom control called ItemsFilter. This control has a property Header that you can change, but there is no property on ClassifiedCabinet that controls it, so you'll need to change the style for this control to get to its header. It's something like this:

<Style x:Key="ItemsFilterStyle" TargetType="completITControls:ItemsFilter">
    <Setter Property="Header" Value="CustomFilterHeader" />
</Style>

And then on your ClassifiedCabinet you just set the style. The property that controls it is called FilterStyle, so you just set it like this:

<completITControls:ClassifiedCabinet FilterStyle="{StaticResource ItemsFilterStyle}" />

As you can see, it's not a lot of work, but perhaps it's not as obvious as it could be. On the other hand, we don't want to have too many properties on the control, because it makes it more complicated and harder to understand, so it's a kind of a tradeoff. Do you think it would be better to have a FilterHeader property on the ClassifiedCabinet, similar to the CategoriesHeader property? We might include it in the next release.

And one last thing. By "Part N of the series “Classified Cabinet”  is better......" do you mean the names of the articles on silverlightshow.net? I just wanted to make sure I've understood you correctly. 

Thanks for your feedback!

Regards,

Georgi

Mar 10, 2011 at 5:00 AM

1.Thanks for the quick response.I think it will be better to have  a FilterHeader property on the ClassifiedCabinet,just my opinion.....

2.ClassifiedCabinet is a nice control,you really did a great job,it help me a lot.As u said, it is complicated and harder to understand.Would you please tell us more about it ?just like  completIT web site~~

Thank you again!

Coordinator
Mar 11, 2011 at 8:23 AM

Hi,

You are welcome :) I'm glad I could help and thank you for your feedback - right now we are considering what to include in the next release and your opinion is important.

Soon I'll be writing more articles about some of the more advanced features of the control and maybe about interesting parts of the implementation as well. I'll let you know when they get published on silverlightshow.net.

Regards,

Georgi